My Personal Philosophy
My work is guided by a strong connection to spirit, an analysis and awareness of mental attitudes, a growing emotional intelligence, a passion for human rights, and commitment to healing body as the vehicle for manifestation. As a birth worker, I am holding the space for a woman to do the work necessary to birth her child. I view birth as a natural part of life. I trust the wisdom of women’s bodies and understand the transformative nature of taking this journey. READ MORE
Current Services Available
Birth Doula Support
My role as a birth doula is also known as a birth companion and post-birth supporter. I am a nonmedical person who assists a person before, during, and/or after childbirth, as well as their spouse and/or family, by providing physical assistance and emotional support. I provide care for childbearing families with respect for cultural diversity while also working to eliminate harmful practices within those same cultures. I also support people of all genders in their birthing journey. A birth doula:
- Understands the process of birth and the emotional needs of a person in labor
- Assists in preparing for and carrying out plans for birth
- Stays with throughout the labor
- Supports the partner and/or family in participating at their comfort level
- Provides emotional support and physical comfort measures
- Facilitates communication between the laboring individual, their partner and their clinical care providers
My Services Include:
- One or two prenatal meetings to
- Discuss your preferences
- Practice positions for managing labor
- Facilitate relaxation
- Phone and email communication throughout your pregnancy
- On-call from week 37 until you give birth
- Two postpartum visits within 6 weeks of birth.
- Additionally, I also offer extended postpartum support if necessary.
- 7 years of experience working with Black and Latino families
- High-tier doula by definition, meaning I’ve attended over 100 births as a doula and as a midwife
- CPR certification
How to Inquire About My Services
I meet with potential clients for an initial one hour informational meeting, free of charge, where you can ask me questions about my role and gauge whether we are a good match for one another.
My birth doula fee is $1500. Extended postpartum support after 6 weeks brings my fee to $2500. Payment plans are available, as well as an income-based sliding scale. Please inquire for more information.
Please inquire for more information.